Thursday 16 June 2011

Back on the bums!!

As well as making the glass flowers I have a bit of a passion for the fun and whimsy side of bead making..and life!  I am inspired by so many great whimsy glass bead artists, Maybeads, BeastieBeads, Blue Mountain Magic lampwork beads to name but three.  Of course if you are talking whimsy beads you can't forget Sharon Peters whom must be the goddess of silly sculptural beads. 



 Of course, my girls inspire my chicken beads and my cats and dogs inspire my ...well...cats and dogs beads!! 

Marmalade...and toast!

Claude and the glassy mog!
As well as chooks, cats and dogs I like to make what makes me smile and I refuse to throw away some of my favourite childrens books, the pictures in those bring characters to life.  Why don't adult books (and I am not talking rude ones!) still have those little doodles at the beginning of chapters? 
Ellie the Elephant

Billy Button

Fish ear ring pair

A day at the seaside



 The fish ear ring pair of beads were inspired  from looking at old Venetian bead designs.

And just to round this blog off nicely, some more chooks, this time for big holes to fit the popular bracelets.  You can never have enough chooks! 






1 comment:

  1. Your chicken beads are my all-time favorites! But I'm loving all these other critters, too - the elephant is fantastic! And the real live kitty cat posing with the cat bead is classic. Keep making the beads that make you happy. Your happiness and zest for life shows in your beads. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world :)