Monday 27 January 2014

Flowers, photos and housework!

I have a new camera, a Nikon D3200 in black according to the box, a newer - which means more buttons! - camera that gives better light and photos...according to the box.  Last week saw me swearing at the thing, the F scale that which measures light ....I was using the F for other words I can tell you, I almost had it then I lost it, finally I managed to take a decent photo but still it wasn't right, then I realized the ISO metering was off...what ever happened to point and shoot? 
 
 
I have tweaked and pressed a few more buttons over the weekend and the photos did improve but still they lacked that illusive light seemingly only achieved by professionals and nerds!
 
Today I am supposed to be cleaning house.  I started off with all good intentions, the living room is spick and span and shiny right down to the floors being mopped just don't look up I have since found a cobweb!  I still have the bedroom to go - if I don't hubby will not be too impressed to be sleeping on the floor as the bed needs making - and I might as well clean the bathroom whilst I am up there, I have already washed the bath mat and the mountain of towels, roll on summer when I can be in the garden and not notice the dust and cobwebbed ceilings and be too worn out sunkissed and back achey to worry about the bed covers....anyway I was supposed to be cleaning...
 
 
I got side tracked!
 
 
Started off with a cup of tea and some lunch after walking the dogs and ended up doing battle with the camera and by jove I think I have cracked it!!
 

Glass is a devil to photograph, hence the new camera hubby brought for himself and swapped with me as my one was just not performing the task...I have a good hubby :)
 

I made this focal bead a while ago but I am revisiting my flowers and after looking through the bead box I came across this gem and it really is a gem, made from silver glass, a glass I rarely use on account I burn it and its expensive!, this bead was inspired by a bubble bath soak...it was the picture on the bubble bath bottle :)
 

 
Currently up for auction over on eBay if you fancy a look.



This photo was another real devil to take so has been in the bead box for some time too, but just look my new camera really does do what it says on the box!  All of these photos have had nothing more done to them than cropping once I loaded them on the laptop.
 
Chuffed?  you bet I am.
 
Oh and its currently on eBay too!
 
Right I can hear the rubber gloves calling......

9 comments:

  1. Your site here is fantastic! And those beads are just amazing!!! You were making me chuckle about your camera...I need a new one but worry about all of the buttons!!! Love your humor and I look forward to journeying along with you!!!! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Nicole I have a thing about pressing buttons the more I have the more I have to press...gets me in all sorts of trouble :P Thank you for the lovely comment x

      Delete
  2. Cleaning does really get in the way doesn't it? since retirement I only do it when I just have to-lol Love your beads so beautiful! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the kids would just leave home or tidy up after themselves I am sure it wouldn't be so bad they make all the mess...oh and the hubby...if it was just me....:P :P Thank you for the lovely comment x

      Delete
  3. Blimey what a difference a new camera can make. I too need an update of my camera but not yet I'm afraid. Looking forward to seeing all your new pics. Housework what the heck is that????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehhehehe I hate cleaning especially in the winter, you clean up everything is sparkly, the dogs go out for a wee, the kids and hubby comes in...wasted day!! Lx

      Delete
    2. Yep thats why I dont do it - much!! Ha ha!! E x

      Delete
  4. Oh my! Your beads are absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my corner of the blogging world :)